God With Us! Christmas 2016
“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.” Isaiah 9:6-7
Eight hundred years before Christ was born, the above prophecy of Isaiah came forth. What I love about this particular scripture is the powerful names of Christ – Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace!
Think about these names for a moment:
- The Lord is Wonderful – He is kind, loving, gracious, and merciful.
- He is our Counselor – God’s Word provides all the wisdom and counsel that we will ever need in our lives.
- Mighty God – The Lord is all powerful; there is nothing that He can’t do!
- Everlasting Father – Our God is the perfect Father who cares for us throughout eternity.
- Prince of Peace – Only Jesus Christ can bring peace between sinners and a Holy God, so we can enjoy a peace that passes all understanding.
What do you need this Christmas? Do you need prayer, counsel, a miracle, a perfect father, or peace in your life? Look to Jesus, He is the provider of everything we need! We would like to stand with you to support and pray for you. Fill out a card located in the pew in front of you and we will respond ASAP!
God bless you and we hope you have a loving, fulfilling Christmas, as you cast your cares upon the Lord! We want to thank you for all your prayers and support for us and our family this past year. Thank you for your cards, thoughts and gifts, you guys are awesome and we love you.
Pastor Jeff and Karyn