SALT & LIGHT
A ministry of Calvary Chapel Downey which exists to equip, inform, and exhort the body of Christ to be a light to both culture and government. We exhort the believer to scrutinize the media, the political leaders, and this world through the lens of scripture and to uphold the standards of Biblical faith upon which our nation was founded.
“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be
thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
Matthew 5: 13-14
1. Abortions are happening down the street while we worship on Sundays. Pray; May the Lord shut down that death mill. To get involved, get in touch with Tim Hearron. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Local cities are about to have elections for City Council. You will notice all of the lawn signs on the corners and residential front lawn. Get involved and call the candidates by phone. Ask them who they voted for in the past Presidential election. They may try to tell you that City Council is non partisan. Nonsense, insist that they tell you. You should not support someone who voted for Obama, a supporter of abortion, same-sex marriage, and spends tax payers money like a drunk sailor. We want people on our City Council who respect life, the institution of marriage, and have fiscal restraint.
1. Boy Scouts of America (BSA) may let openly gay men assume leadership roles. The BSA’s National Executive Board was scheduled to vote on February 6th on whether to let homosexual-identified men serve as scout leaders. Due to the “complexity of this issue,” the organization said it will address the question at the BSA’s National Council meeting in May.
2. President Obama has nominated Chuck Hagel to become the next Secretary of Defense. Mr Hagel is not a supporter of Israel and has called Iran a legitimate government. Hagel was the only senator out of 100 who refused to sign the American Jewish Committee’s 1999 statement against anti-Semitism in Russia. Fortunately, the Senate has delayed its confirmation vote for Senator Chuck Hagel, President Obama’s anti-Israel nominee for Secretary of Defense.
1. American Pastor Saeed has now been convicted and sentenced to 8 years in a brutal and deadly Iranian prison. Demand his freedom. Urge the international community to pressure Iran for his release. More info on Pastor Saeed can be obtained through American Center for Law and Justice ACLJ. aclj.org/
2. It is difficult to believe, but our financially broken government is gifting 20 F16 fighter jets and 200 tanks to Egypt; a country run by the Muslim Brotherhood Government. Fortunately, there is still some sanity in Washington and now legislation has been introduced to block taxpayer-funded fighter jets from going to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood government, and a legislative hold has been placed on future aid.