Happy Father’s Day!
God’s divine order for the family is (I Cor. 11:3) the man; the father is in the middle and is responsible to communicate the things of God to the family! A study at Harvard stated the following six items are 90% effective to prevent delinquency. I have listed them below along with scripture references.
1. Discipline - Be constant, firm and fair. “Spare the rod you will spoil the child.” (Prov. 13:24)
2. Supervision - To know where and what your child is doing, checking out their friends, computer, pictures, text, and movies, etc. (Prov. 11:14)
3. Affection - Hug, lay hands, pray and tell your child that you love them! (Prov. 4:3)
4. Family Time - Time together; make time! Dad, you lead, you’re the CEO of the home: initiate prayer and share times, and plan getaways. (Ps. 127:3,5)
5. Positive Nurturing - Dad you’re the shepherd to lead, to teach, and to train! Don’t frustrate your kids! (Eph. 6:4)
6. Lead by Example - He or she will do what you do. Are you a godly example in your speech, prayers, going to church, and reading your Bible? (Prov. 1:8)
Dad, I hope you look these scriptures up and let God speak to you! To ignore these things will bring destruction to your home (Prov.17:21), but to raise your kids in God’s ways will result in good kids and sweet rewards (Prov. 23:24-25 and Prov. 22:6). Dad, there are no guarantees, but we need to do our best (stay close to Him) and commit the rest!
Happy Fathering God’s Way!